- Each – East Anglia’s Children’s Hospice
Rossi Long Consulting is appointed post Planning as Civil & Structural Engineers for this exciting development which is due onsite early 2016 subject to successful fundraising.
HRH The Duchess of Cambridge, who is East Anglia Children’s Hospice’s (EACH) Royal Patron, attended the launch event of the charity’s £10 million fundraising appeal on 25th November 2014.
The project designed by Barefoot & Gilles Architects is set on a five acre site in the parish of Framlingham Earl, Norfolk. The new hospice is to replace the existing out dated facilities at Quidenham, Norfolk.
The Nook with comprise:
- 7 larger better equipped bedrooms for children and young people
- 3 en-suite family accommodation rooms
- Activity areas for art, crafts, sand and water play
- A hydrotherapy pool and changing facilities
- Private areas for clinical treatment
- Therapy rooms including for music and counselling
- En-suite bathrooms for all bedrooms
- Significantly larger care area of a single floor
- Outdoor play area with specialist equipment
The scheme is being built using traditional construction methods with high vaulted bespoke glulam trussed rafter roofs.