- Kingsley Healthcare
The scheme involved the phased construction and demolition of an existing care home to provide a new EMI care facility with dementia care specialist program.
The completed facility provides residential care for 62 patients on two storeys and was developed on a Design and Construct contract. Rossi Long Consulting provided civil and structural engineering consultancy services which included a detailed value engineering exercise in order to generate savings to the construction budget and programme.
The first phase was designed to have sufficient capacity and provide sufficient plant and temporary catering to re-locate all the existing residents from the existing building and then demolish and construct the final second phase. Construction of the first phase had to be carefully co-ordinated with the existing facility to ensure that existing services were maintained during construction. Construction methods were selected to minimise noise and disruption to the residents.
Key features included:
- Green roofing to the internal flat roof areas which are overlooked by the first floor rooms and assists with rainwater attenuation;
- Central courtyard which provides secure external access for the patients and also contains the primary soakaway to the roof;
- Foundation and highway designs which have been engineered to minimise impact on the existing mature trees.
- On site catering with associated plant, deliveries and refuse facilities.
- Certified ‘Perfect Delivery’ by the main contractor – on time and to budget.